For girls camp this year we went to Bear Lake. I have never been, so I had been looking forward to going for months now. It was AWESOME! Bear Lake is such a beautiful place, with tons of fun things to do there. **WARNING** Picture overload! I took almost 200 pics so it was hard to decide which ones to post. For our hike, we hiked Minnetonka Cave. What an amazing cave. There are 444 steps in the cave, so by the time you hike back out, you have hiked 888 steps. He is a group shot before our journey into the cave.
The stalactites and stalagmites in the cave were beautiful. There are nine rooms in the cave and it is usually around 40 degrees inside. There is also what our tour guide told us is called the "Stairway to Heaven." It is a bunch of stairs you have to walk up in the dark, and all you can see its the light at the top. Very Cool! Our YW president had the guide turn off all the lights when we reached the very last room of the cave. It was so dark you couldn't even see your hand in front of your face. We had to hold on to the hand rail and walk in complete darkness for a distance. It was CRAZY! But it was a great lesson for the girls in regards to "holding to the rod".
Our theme was "Be all you can be in the army of the Lord", so for our leader skit, we dressed up as bees. Too funny!
I'm not sure what we are doing, but you can tell by our faces that Lyns and I are really hamming it up! Don't kill me for posting this one Lyns, but it just makes me laugh!!
This part was funny because we laughed so hard we tipped over like domino's, and NO, it wasn't supposed to happen.
I know, I know - we should be in showbiz! Ha Ha
We're done finally! And our sweet YW cheered so loud for us! They probably couldn't believe how CRAZY we really are! BEEautiful!
One day, we went horseback riding and it was so fun! Here is a picture of me and Paint.

I loved how gentle and sweet these horses were with all of us. They were very patient to give all of us rides on a hot July afternoon.
On Thursday, we got to spend the day at the lake and I have to say it was my favorite day. I love the perfect sand and the beautiful water at Bear Lake. The girls were able to go tubing, wake boarding, and skiing, so they had a blast. All of us leaders went out together and had a great time. I am fortune to serve with some of the funnest ladies! I loved this picture of Kelsey and Ethan. Ethan smiled so cute for the camera!






That looks like so much fun! Yeah, really roughing it out there at camp, huh? What a fun group of leaders you all are! Those girls must've loved it with all of you! =)
ReplyDelete