Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I hope everyone had a very Happy 4th of July! I know we sure did! I think the 4th of July is my favorite holiday besides Christmas. I was born on the 3rd, so it seems like even the days leading up to the fourth are always tons of fun! I survived the big 3-0 birthday, and am still alive to tell about it, so I guess things are good. I have really been dreading this birthday. Thirty just seems....OLD. But I had a good friend tell me that 30 is the new 20 (thanks Krystal), so I guess I don't need to pick out a coffin yet. The thing is that inside I still feel 20, so I guess that is what matters.Brett and I both had the day off together so it was a great b-day. Brett spoiled me as usual. Then Sat. morning we got up early and went to the ward breakfast. Following that we headed for our usual spot for the parade Every year we take our annual picture together at the parade...


I am so thankful we live in this wonderful country! We are so blessed to enjoy so many freedoms. Freedoms that we take for granted everyday. I am so thankful for the service men and women who protect our freedoms, now and in the past. We owe our thanks to them and their families. Seeing our flag flying is a great reminder to us all, of how blessed we truly are!

We went to the parade with our annual parade pals.. Scott and Shari and kiddos! Its a tradition!


I loved this picture of Cory! Everytime I tried to take his pic he covered his face, but I managed to sneek this one in on him!! What a true boy!


We even scored free Creamies this year! I'm not even sure who it was that was passing them out, but nothing beats a chocolate Creamie on a hot day!



This is a neighbor of Shari and Scott's. I loved the fireman hat and the patriotic beads! So fun!


Savannah- getting down with the parade Patriotic Homie Style! I think Savannah was about four when we started going to the parade together. Time flies!

All in all it was a great day! I hope everyone else had as much fun as we did! Can't wait until next year!!

5 comments:

  1. Thirty just sounds old doesn't it?? I had a hard time with it for that same reason!! I am so glad you had a fantastic birthday, you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day to have your b-day! How fun that you both had the day off! I hope it was the best. You are wonderful, and especially because you are 30!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was loving the creamies too! It was the eastern Idaho credit union association giving them out and I only know that because Justin was there and he knew the guy so we got EXTRA creamies! :) YUM! Happy Birthday cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the photo tradition you have. And your Martin's Cove photos were great, too. Those are the only photos I've seen of the trek. What a great experience for you and all the youth. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm finally looking at your pics. Love them, loved the parade, and love that we always get to go with you and Brettel! You guys are the best! Love ya both.

    ReplyDelete